Sunday, October 22, 2006

Start your engines

OK I'm just busting to start writing. I've been filling my note book with ideas and I just want to get scribbling before my enthusiasm wanes. I keep thinking I should wait until Nanowrimo starts. I just can't shake the feeling that this one might be publishable.

I was looking through the forums on the nanowrimo website and came across a great tip. When you end writing for the day, end on half a sentence. When you sit down to write the following day you will naturally just finish the sentence then keep going. I can't remember who posted the tip but my hats off to you.... this seems like a great idea.

I've installed mind manager so I can start to plan out the plot anyway. It's a fun time of year where I get to pretend that I'm going to complete a novel.

I found my blog post from last year and it still seems apt

Given my fetishisation of the writer’s life style I've joined Nanowrimo for this year. I have no idea how I’m going to fit it in with the rest of my life, but I'm going to give it a go anyway. I wanted to write a novel and I'm going to get it done (or at the very least make a big dint in the word count).


Tags:

No comments: