Wednesday, June 21, 2006

How to spend a million dollars


I’ve seen a few posts (well four really) around the place relating to visualizing what you really want from life. The plan is to clarify your goals in life. Most of them take the form of imagine what you would do if you were god or what you would do if you had a million dollars. I thought about this for a little while and came up with my own list. Interestingly enough it matches closely to my list of ideal jobs (for the late comers you will need to check the archives).

I would become a freelance photographer (located at a beach of course) and in the afternoons I would write any old crap I felt like, then have some beers into the night. On my days off I would just sit and read. Really I don’t need a million dollars to live my dream. There are no mansions, expensive cars or really flash clothes (I might get some great boots and a crumpler bag). The real question I am asking myself is why don’t I try and live the dream now…. Could I get a job taking photos and writing little bits of crap that are only interesting to me (and the five other special people in the world). Am I big chicken for not living the dream, or am i just bored in my day job?

No comments: