Wednesday, July 20, 2005

just keep putting one foot in front of the other...

Today I feel great. Day two of no (well.... little) smoking and already I'm feeling better. I've started to do my "43 things" things list. Meditation and gym are the first two cabs off the rank. The stuff you are suppose to do in a "healthy, normal" life seems really easy. It's the fun and excitement that seems harder to catch.

The trouble is I don't want to lose the good stuff that I've got going for a pipe dream..... Is it fear, sanity or cash flow that stops me from chucking it all in and following my wilder dreams?

There are many hooks into my brain that I intend to remove one by one until everything just flows (if that is possible).

Either way i'm starting with the small stuff and working my way up. As static as things seem now, change is always in the air. I just don't want to trap myslef into a life I don't want to lead, even if that life is comfortable, safe, secure. I know that I am the one doing the trapping... it's not anyone else that limits what I do.

Just making some plans and starting to carry them out has removed some of the cobwebs from my mind. Give me a few weeks and I'm gonna start to rebuild the big stuff in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea to keep it simple as life is very complex anymore!

From a U2 song.. there is no such thing as failure, just giving up.

Regards

Uncle Doo said...

Thanks Dru....