Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tuesday

It's now Tuesday morning. The whole not smoking thing was blown out of the water over the weekend. I would like to blame the beer or the friends that came to visit but really it was me. The clock has been reset and there was no smoking on Monday or this morning.


There was no blogging over the weekend. I'm torn between wanting to pour out my soul (read 'open sewer of a mind') but there are a few friends who would be able (if they wanted to) to find out about the blog. Why is it I don't want my friends to know some of my deeper thoughts? Is it the trivial bullshit that will come out or are there some really good reasons not to tell. There are three people that I could tell anything to. Everyone else gets the edited version of reality.


Speaking of reality.... It's always a little annoying when reality comes crashing into the pleasant fantasy that you construct in your mind. My fantasy involves the intense belief that I have a very real chance of becoming a writer, quitting my job and wearing berets in coffee shops. The unfortunate side to this tale is I write a few pages (although so far I have two projects that reached 10 000 words) before I started throwing in monsters and hot sex scenes - which then becomes intensely silly and indicates it's time to move to a new project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha monsters and hot sex.. monsters having hot sex is even more silly. Shoot I can't be smiling/laughing at work -they will suspect something.

Way to go rebounding from the weekend!