Friday, July 29, 2005

keep it simple stupid!

Stolen from another website

3.6.1: How can I become a nicer person?

The widely-known formula for general niceness is universal across all social strata:

  • Be nice to other people.
  • Don't play zero-sum or negative-sum games (avoid benefits that come at an equal or higher cost to someone else).
  • Don't stomp on anyone who doesn't deserve it.
  • If you see an opportunity to do something good, take it.
Anything more complex than that gets us into the subject of mental disciplines, fine-grained self-awareness, self-alteration rather than self-control, and so on, all subjects on which I could easily write a book, which I don't have the time to write, so don't get me started.

2 comments:

Uncle Doo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Uncle Doo said...

You pretend to be nice so you can treat other people like fools? if that floats your boat... but doesn't that seem a little pointless?

The word 'nice' does suck, I was thinking more like 'decent human being' rather than 'nice' when I posted.

The Bordello is down the street and to the right... you should be able to get a root there.