Tuesday, November 01, 2005

advice from drunk creative people


I was at a party on the weekend. It was the same crowd that run the art gallery that I mentioned a few posts back. Strangely enough I was the sober one at the party (a rare feat indeed) so I could actually engage in meaningful conversation. I decided to pick the brains of the most active creative people I know.

I decided to find out how they do it. How they manage to create art that sells, run an art gallery, create an art festival that has been running for a few years and in some cases have community radio stations all while having kids and studying.

The essence of their responses;
· Be open to circumstances as they arise. Don’t fight it. Take the opportunities that come your way

· Work out the difference between things they enjoy thinking about doing and things that they actually enjoy doing. Focus on doing the things that you enjoy doing. If you only enjoy thinking about doing a particular thing then only think about it.

· Be light about your thoughts – don’t take yourself too seriously or get too wrapped up in your own thoughts.

It’s all pretty obvious stuff but it is easily forgotten.
Tags:
Tags:
Tags:
del.icio.us Tags:
del.icio.us Tags:

2 comments:

takinchances said...

Thanks for posting and doing that sacrificial reasearch...good to know.

Dru said...

thats some good avice