Monday, August 29, 2005

are you a secret blogger?

I’m looking for any comments on the idea of having a secret blogging identity. Should your blogself be a secret? I started out with a vision of not telling anyone, so I could blog all my secrets away. Once I started I ended up telling people about it and now most of my friends know where it is. I didn’t blog any secrets when the blog was a secret so why should it change now? I do pay more attention to what I post so people I know don’t get the wrong idea. Really I am editing what is going up on the blog. As it is in life so it is in blog.
Tags:
Tags:

3 comments:

Dru said...

My blog is also greatly censored because people I know read it. I would like to cuss and be an ass sometimes. To be honest and free without retribution would be cool.

But a significant portion of our lives requires filtering and balance between good and bad.

Both secret and open blogs have their benefits.

Uncle Doo said...

I had a chat to a friend last night who read an article on emotional fidelity... she was trying to tell me that if I had a conversation with a girl and didn't tell my wife it would be the same as cheating. I think that article was written by someone who has never been in a long term realtionship. If every single little thought that went through your head had to be shared very few relationships would survive.

Dru said...

That is interesting idea. I agree with you; light surface conversation is nothing. My wife does like to know what I am writing but she is so busy as a teacher, she hasn't time for the internet like I do.

The interaction I have with others online provides motivation and beneficial ideas.

It is possible to take it too far.