Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Mindless Secretive Tuesday

It was an innocent enough beginning. A quiet afternoon at work and nothing else to really look forward to but the rest of the working week.

I never saw myself as someone who had any secrets. I thought I was pretty much a straightforward kind of guy. Now that I knew she had some secrets I was more interested in what she had to say.

Everyone has secrets and my secret was the collection of other peoples secrets. I never really thought about why I was so interested in what everyone else did when no one was watching. Everyone has their own secrets… for some it is their sexual history, for others it is what they think about. It is interesting how much power people’s secrets hold.

You could even say that people have their lives ruled by their secrets. Every relationship in life can be derailed by secrets. Friendship is about trust… when you get drunk and tell someone a secret you have a friend… If someone tells you their secret you often tell them yours… the internet is full of sites about secrets.

They say that addicts need to confess their secrets to enable them to join humanity again. It’s like the AA process.

Trust is such a slippery term really. There are people that I trust but wouldn’t tell them my secrets

There are guilty secrets, secrets about how you feel and how you’re expected to be. I’ve often think about what other people do when no one is watching them.

People see themselves in light of their own secrets, to others they may appear to be together and have their shit in a pile but in their own minds they are a mess.
Tags:

No comments: