Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ideal Job #5 - Deep Sea Explorer


There is no fixed job title for this one. Be it oceanographer, marine biologist, cartographer or treasure hunter I want a little sub that can go really deep. Apparently there is only one functional deep ocean submersable. These little babies are extremely expensive to build and operate. I want to go looking for live Giant Squid and get footage of a sperm whale eating giant squid. For me it is one of the last great frontiers on earth. Finding a way to stay at depth for a long period of time would be great. You get to explore and work with amazing bits of equipment and you wil see things that noone has seen before.....that would be cool. The Trieste went to 7 miles in the 1960's. I can see myself posing for a shot on my little sub.

No comments: