Thursday, August 18, 2005

How I meditate.


My Meditation technique comes from a book called “Hard core ZEN” – Brad Warner. I found this an excellent guide for zen in general.

At the end of the day it involves just sitting. I set a timer for 15 minutes (so I don’t need to think about it), face a featureless wall and sit up straight, “with your vertibrae one on top of the other”.... eyes open look straight ahead then just watch your thoughtsfloat by… don’t play with them or explore them or even try to stop them..let em drift by… after ten minutes they will slow down and eventually stop all together (no rush if they don’t).



Brad could probably point out what I missed but this is how I do it.



This update is for Dru (I’m in a training course right now so I don’t have his blog address- sorry dude)
http://www.43things.com/person/Dru2



Tags:
Tags:

No comments: